The National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (formerly NGLCC) Supplier Diversity Initiative (SDI) offers businesses a tool to make connections and open doors with America’s top corporations, several federal government agencies and other certified businesses. The SDI certifies Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and/or Transgender owned Business Enterprises (LGBTBEs) and works to provide opportunities for LGBTBEs to gain exposure within government and corporate procurement processes either as a contractor or a subcontractor.
The application for certification costs $400 but it is FREE to LGBTCC business members and offers the following opportunities:
- Registration in NGLCC’s exclusive database that is searched by corporations and other LGBTBEs for their product and service needs
- LGBTCC offers to member LGBTBEs such as: an exclusive sponsorship program for LGBTBE that will provide additional visibility locally and nationally
- Meet face-to-face with potential clients and suppliers at NGLCC SDI matchmaking events
- The NGLCC offers programs that help LGBTBEs leverage certification
Eligibility for LGBTBE Certification:
- Must be 51% owned, managed, operated and controlled by an LGBT individual(s) who are either US citizens or lawful permanent residents
- Must have its headquarters in the United States
- Must have been formed as a legal entity in the United States
- Must exercise independence from any non-LGBT business enterprise
Please note that businesses that are already certified by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) or the United States Business Leadership Network: Disability at Work (USBLN) are eligible for expedited certification.