Start Enjoying Benefits Today
Contact us with membership questions.
We offer membership based on the experience, range of benefits, and leadership opportunities you seek to grow your business and your network.
For Corporate Membership, please visit our Corporations page. Membership options for Individuals and Non-Profit organizations are also available.
Get free business consulting
Our partner SCORE Chicago provides you with business consulting to mentor your business, provide advice on business plans and more. SCORE volunteer mentors are successful current and former executives and business owners representing many skill areas and industries.
SCORE business advisors can help you with questions like these:
How do I start a business?
Where can I obtain funding for my business?
How can I grow my existing business?
How can I manage my cash flow?
How can I use social media in my marketing efforts?
A SCORE mentor works with you one on one to help you with your business challenge and meets with you as often as necessary to achieve successful results. This varies by client, but your SCORE mentor is available every step of the way!
LGBT Business Certification
Get certified through the LGBT Chamber
The National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (formerly NGLCC) Supplier Diversity Initiative (SDI) offers businesses a tool to make connections and open doors with America’s top corporations, several federal government agencies and other certified businesses. The SDI certifies Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and/or Transgender owned Business Enterprises (LGBTBEs) and works to provide opportunities for LGBTBEs to gain exposure within government and corporate procurement processes either as a contractor or a subcontractor.
The application for certification costs $400 but it is FREE to LGBTCC business members and offers the following opportunities:
- Registration in NGLCC’s exclusive database that is searched by corporations and other LGBTBEs for their product and service needs
- LGBTCC offers to member LGBTBEs such as: an exclusive sponsorship program for LGBTBE that will provide additional visibility locally and nationally
- Meet face-to-face with potential clients and suppliers at NGLCC SDI matchmaking events
- The NGLCC offers programs that help LGBTBEs leverage certification
Eligibility for LGBTBE Certification:
- Must be 51% owned, managed, operated and controlled by an LGBT individual(s) who are either US citizens or lawful permanent residents
- Must have its headquarters in the United States
- Must have been formed as a legal entity in the United States
- Must exercise independence from any non-LGBT business enterprise
Please note that businesses that are already certified by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) or the United States Business Leadership Network: Disability at Work (USBLN) are eligible for expedited certification.
We’re partnered with many other locally-focused Illinois Chambers of Commerce as well as Chambers across the country.
This section was developed to assist any person who owns or would like to start a business in Illinois. We have included links to some online resources that may be able to answer some questions you may have.
Business Resources to help you start or grow a business in Illinois. The U.S. Small Business Administration offers resources, training and consultation for local area businesses.
Illinois Small Business Development Centers are located throughout the state and provide information, confidential business guidance, training and other resources to start-up and existing small businesses.
At ACCION Chicago, they are committed to bringing affordable microfinance solutions to small business owners who need them. Accion is a dynamic organization that reaches deeply into the communities we serve to help thousands of small business owners grow and thrive. We’re experts in microfinance and in helping small business owners use it to build their businesses.
Find links to information and resources for starting, running, expanding, relocating, or closing a business. Browse links to information and resources on registering, incorporating, and obtaining licenses and permits. Learn more about business laws and regulations in Illinois. Find many of the applications and forms your business needs.
The Illinois Small Business Development Center/ International Trade Center at Southern Illinois University Carbondale can help you take your business idea from concept to reality, expand your current business, and lead the way for you to take your company into the global marketplace.
Get Involved, Join a Committee
- Opportunity to interact your fellow Chamber members
- Be part of a fun and dynamic team
- Participation is volunteer and any professional services offered are assumed to be pro-bono
- Interested in joining the Board of Directors? Active committee participation demonstrates your interest